Monday 30 January 2017

Disconnected from the World

After almost 3 weeks of our business website being down, we are now pleased to announce our new website is back up and running.

Someone decided to hack our website down, stupidly I had backup of all the text from the website but not the actual database itself! The Database is what pieces all the elements of the website together including the text. This has clearly been a lesson learnt!

Luckily, I have some coding knowledge of HTML and CSS and Web design that I have picked up over the years so I was able to build a new website. This helped to keep our costs down, the cost we were given for someone to design and build the website for us wasn't just a couple of hundred of pounds.  I felt the charge was colossal, so I decided I would take the time to build a new one for the company.

This is where decision making comes into action, people have made comments along the lines of "You should focus on managing the company", "You should do what you know best" or "hire people who know what they are doing" I always take every comment on board, but after weighing up the pro's and the con's of all comments made, I decided to tackle this plan on my own for the following reasons:

  • Your website connects you to the world! 
  • Your website is one of the most important communication channels there is and acts as a platform to push your content to other channels out there. 
  • Your website is connected to all your social media platforms!
  • Your website sells your business 24 hours per day, 365 days per year! 
  • Your website stays at work while you sleep! While your office is closed, your website is still there! 
  • Your website should answer everyone's problems relating to your industry! 


No one knows your business better than you! If I hired someone to design and construct the website for us, I feel the message that would be put out to the world would be the design company's message and portrayal of our company. Yes, the design company will put up what you tell them to put up and place the information you tell them you would like to get out there, but doing it in house, you become less dependent on other people, your message is in real time and your content is updated easily and instantly.

It is very difficult to put pen to paper when you don't know what you are trying to say, sometimes we just say things for the sake of getting it done and think to ourselves, "Yeah that will do", This is not how I want our company to work. I like to see what I am doing and how is it going to look before it is published.

I want the content being put out to our audience to mean something, to be true and directly focused message to our people.

I mostly follow these rules:

  • Who we are?
  • What we do?
  • Why we do it?


You can read who we are, what we do and why we do it here! 

The logic behind every business out there is to solve a problem for their targeted audience.

A1 Minibus and Coach Services LTD is a transport provider who can provide 8 to 72 seat minibuses and coaches to anyone looking for transport for a small or large group of people. This would be my simple but descriptive message of who we are and what we can offer. All leading back to how can we solve your problem?


So, after a long 3 weeks of being disconnected to the world, we are now live and showing what we have to offer. Of course we feel on top of the world about this!






Visit our website here www.a1coaches.com

To enquire about minibus or coach hire please call 01592 713443



No comments:

Post a Comment